fun statistics for adults!
“when I was a kid, I had no help with college tuition, I was hardworking and paid it all myself”
-Annual tuition for Yale, 1970: $2,550
-Annual tuition for Yale, 2014: $45,800
-Minimum Wage, 1970: $1.45
-Minimum Wage, 2014: $7.25
-Daily hours at minimum wage needed to pay for tuition in 1970: 4.8
-Daily hours at minimum wage needed to pay for tuition in 2014: 17.3
DIY 3 Packing Tape Ghost Tutorials.
- Packing Tape Ghost from The Crafty Geek. The packing tape is first applied sticky side out.
- Packing Tape Ghost with a link to a video tutoial.
- Packing Tape Ghost from John Rozum. This method uses saran wrap then tape. Detailed tutorial.
MATILDA IS THE IDEAL MOVIE AND HERE IS WHY
- female protag
- no love story cause shes a six yr old
- bff is a small girl of color
- bechdel test passed in like the first ten minutes
- anti-bullying message
- anti-abuse message
- pro-learning message
- this girl is so smart she can move things with her MIND
- teaches kids that if ppl are toxic, even if they are family, then you don’t have to stay with them
- so cute!!!!
- great soundtrack
- happiest ending
- infinitely relatable
these are the facts people
White people get so angry at the phrase, “You cannot be racist towards white people.”
I will never understand why.
Why are you so angry that you are being treated as actual human beings? You are not reduced to caricatures, but portrayed as characters. You are treated fairly, judged not by your skin tone, but by the ways that you carry yourselves, by your actions.
Why do you want to experience racism so badly? It is not fun to be mocked, dehumanized, attacked, killed, incarcerated simply for daring to exist. It is not fun to know nothing of your history or family because it was torn apart, whether through distance or death. It is not fun to hear, at every turn, comments reminding you of your lesser status as humans.
Do you really want to turn on the tv, open a magazine, watch a movie, play a video game, and not see yourself? Or, even better, to only see yourself as a criminal, as a drunk, a mocking stereotype, or as someone to be killed off? Or would you rather see fleshed out, well-written characters with lives and personalities and feelings? I know which I’d rather pick.
If I were a white person, the phrase, “You cannot be racist towards white people,” would be the best thing I could ever hear.